- (n.) The faculty of the mind by which it retains the knowledge of previous thoughts, impressions, or events.
- (n.) The reach and positiveness with which a person can remember; the strength and trustworthiness of one's power to reach and represent or to recall the past; as, his memory was never wrong.
- (n.) The actual and distinct retention and recognition of past ideas in the mind; remembrance; as, in memory of youth; memories of foreign lands.
- (n.) The time within which past events can be or are remembered; as, within the memory of man.
- (n.) Something, or an aggregate of things, remembered; hence, character, conduct, etc., as preserved in remembrance, history, or tradition; posthumous fame; as, the war became only a memory.
- (n.) A memorial.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.