Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: MUMMY
- (n.) A dead body embalmed and dried after the manner of the ancient Egyptians; also, a body preserved, by any means, in a dry state, from the process of putrefaction.
- (n.) Dried flesh of a mummy.
- (n.) A gummy liquor that exudes from embalmed flesh when heated; -- formerly supposed to have magical and medicinal properties.
- (n.) A brown color obtained from bitumen. See Mummy brown (below).
- (n.) A sort of wax used in grafting, etc.
- (n.) One whose affections and energies are withered.
- (v. t.) To embalm; to mummify.