- (n.) The aggregate of two or more numbers, magnitudes, quantities, or particulars; the amount or whole of any number of individuals or particulars added together; as, the sum of 5 and 7 is 12.
- (n.) A quantity of money or currency; any amount, indefinitely; as, a sum of money; a small sum, or a large sum.
- (n.) The principal points or thoughts when viewed together; the amount; the substance; compendium; as, this is the sum of all the evidence in the case; this is the sum and substance of his objections.
- (n.) Height; completion; utmost degree.
- (n.) A problem to be solved, or an example to be wrought out.
- (v. t.) To bring together into one whole; to collect into one amount; to cast up, as a column of figures; to ascertain the totality of; -- usually with up.
- (v. t.) To bring or collect into a small compass; to comprise in a few words; to condense; -- usually with up.
- (v. t.) To have (the feathers) full grown; to furnish with complete, or full-grown, plumage.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: MUS
- (n.) A genus of small rodents, including the common mouse and rat.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!