- Imp. of Sing.
- Of Sing
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: NAGS
- An old or over-worked horse
- Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault
- Remind or urge constantly; "she nagged to take a vacation"
- Bother persistently with trivial complaints; "She nags her husband all day long"
- Worry persistently; "nagging concerns and doubts"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A stump or base of a branch that has been lopped off; a short branch, or a sharp or rough branch; a knot; a protuberance.
- (n.) A tooth projecting beyond the rest; contemptuously, a broken or decayed tooth.
- (n.) A tree, or a branch of a tree, fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water, and rising nearly or quite to the surface, by which boats are sometimes pierced and sunk.
- (n.) One of the secondary branches of an antler.
- (v. t.) To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly.
- (v. t.) To injure or destroy, as a steamboat or other vessel, by a snag, or projecting part of a sunken tree.