- (v. t.) To work and press into a mass, usually with the hands; esp., to work, as by repeated pressure with the knuckles, into a well mixed mass, as the materials of bread, cake, etc.; as, to knead dough.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To treat or form as by kneading; to beat.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: NAKED
- (a.) Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
- (a.) Having no means of defense or protection; open; unarmed; defenseless.
- (a.) Unprovided with needful or desirable accessories, means of sustenance, etc.; destitute; unaided; bare.
- (a.) Without addition, exaggeration, or excuses; not concealed or disguised; open to view; manifest; plain.
- (a.) Mere; simple; plain.
- (a.) Without pubescence; as, a naked leaf or stem; bare, or not covered by the customary parts, as a flower without a perianth, a stem without leaves, seeds without a pericarp, buds without bud scales.
- (a.) Not having the full complement of tones; -- said of a chord of only two tones, which requires a third tone to be sounded with them to make the combination pleasing to the ear; as, a naked fourth or fifth.