- (a. & pron.) One indifferently, out of an indefinite number; one indefinitely, whosoever or whatsoever it may be.
- (a. & pron.) Some, of whatever kind, quantity, or number; as, are there any witnesses present? are there any other houses like it?
- (adv.) To any extent; in any degree; at all.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: NAY
- (adv.) No; -- a negative answer to a question asked, or a request made, now superseded by no. See Yes.
- (adv.) Not this merely, but also; not only so, but; -- used to mark the addition or substitution of a more explicit or more emphatic phrase.
- (n.) Denial; refusal.
- (n.) a negative vote; one who votes in the negative.
- (v. t. & i.) To refuse.