- A bare sandy tract
- Small valley. a glen, dale, dell
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: NEED
- (adv.) Of necessity. See Needs.
- (n.) A state that requires supply or relief; pressing occasion for something; necessity; urgent want.
- (n.) Want of the means of subsistence; poverty; indigence; destitution.
- (n.) That which is needful; anything necessary to be done; (pl.) necessary things; business.
- (n.) Situation of need; peril; danger.
- (n.) To be in want of; to have cause or occasion for; to lack; to require, as supply or relief.
- (v. i.) To be wanted; to be necessary.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The garden where Adam and Eve first dwelt; hence, a delightful region or residence.