- (n.) The hook with its eye, or the joint, on which a door, gate, lid, etc., turns or swings; a flexible piece, as a strip of leather, which serves as a joint to turn on.
- (n.) That on which anything turns or depends; a governing principle; a cardinal point or rule; as, this argument was the hinge on which the question turned.
- (n.) One of the four cardinal points, east, west, north, or south.
- (v. t.) To attach by, or furnish with, hinges.
- (v. t.) To bend.
- (v. i.) To stand, depend, hang, or turn, as on a hinge; to depend chiefly for a result or decision or for force and validity; -- usually with on or upon; as, the argument hinges on this point.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: NEIGH
- (n.) The cry of a horse; a whinny.
- (v. i.) To utter the cry of the horse; to whinny.
- (v. i.) To scoff or sneer; to jeer.