- (n.) A large black passerine bird (Corvus corax), similar to the crow, but larger. It is native of the northern parts of Europe, Asia, and America, and is noted for its sagacity.
- (a.) Of the color of the raven; jet black; as, raven curls; raven darkness.
- (n.) Rapine; rapacity.
- (n.) Prey; plunder; food obtained by violence.
- (v. t.) To obtain or seize by violence.
- (v. t.) To devour with great eagerness.
- (v. i.) To prey with rapacity; to be greedy; to show rapacity.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: NERVA
- Emperor of Rome who introduced a degree of freedom after the repressive reign of Domitian; adopted Trajan as his successor (30-98)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!