Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: NEVA
- A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The block in the center of a wheel, from which the spokes radiate, and through which the axle passes; -- called also hub or hob.
- (n.) The navel.
- (n.) The middle or body of a church, extending from the transepts to the principal entrances, or, if there are no transepts, from the choir to the principal entrance, but not including the aisles.
- (n.) A contrivance attached to some elevated object for the purpose of showing which way the wind blows; a weathercock. It is usually a plate or strip of metal, or slip of wood, often cut into some fanciful form, and placed upon a perpendicular axis around which it moves freely.
- (n.) Any flat, extended surface attached to an axis and moved by the wind; as, the vane of a windmill; hence, a similar fixture of any form moved in or by water, air, or other fluid; as, the vane of a screw propeller, a fan blower, an anemometer, etc.
- (n.) The rhachis and web of a feather taken together.
- (n.) One of the sights of a compass, quadrant, etc.
- (n.) A vein.