- (n.) That which causes fermentation, as yeast, barm, or fermenting beer.
- (n.) Intestine motion; heat; tumult; agitation.
- (n.) A gentle internal motion of the constituent parts of a fluid; fermentation.
- (n.) To cause ferment of fermentation in; to set in motion; to excite internal emotion in; to heat.
- (v. i.) To undergo fermentation; to be in motion, or to be excited into sensible internal motion, as the constituent oarticles of an animal or vegetable fluid; to work; to effervesce.
- (v. i.) To be agitated or excited by violent emotions.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.