Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: NICK
- (n.) An evil spirit of the waters.
- (n.) A notch cut into something
- (n.) A score for keeping an account; a reckoning.
- (n.) A notch cut crosswise in the shank of a type, to assist a compositor in placing it properly in the stick, and in distribution.
- (n.) A broken or indented place in any edge or surface; nicks in china.
- (n.) A particular point or place considered as marked by a nick; the exact point or critical moment.
- (v. t.) To make a nick or nicks in; to notch; to keep count of or upon by nicks; as, to nick a stick, tally, etc.
- (v. t.) To mar; to deface; to make ragged, as by cutting nicks or notches in.
- (v. t.) To suit or fit into, as by a correspondence of nicks; to tally with.
- (v. t.) To hit at, or in, the nick; to touch rightly; to strike at the precise point or time.
- (v. t.) To make a cross cut or cuts on the under side of (the tail of a horse, in order to make him carry ir higher).
- (v. t.) To nickname; to style.