- (n.) A yellow or brownish red dyestuff obtained by the action of bromine on fluorescein, and named from the fine rose-red which it imparts to silk. It is also used for making a fine red ink. Its solution is fluorescent.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Sound of any kind.
- (n.) Especially, loud, confused, or senseless sound; clamor; din.
- (n.) Loud or continuous talk; general talk or discussion; rumor; report.
- (n.) Music, in general; a concert; also, a company of musicians; a band.
- (v. i.) To sound; to make a noise.
- (v. t.) To spread by rumor or report.
- (v. t.) To disturb with noise.