- (n.) Whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought.
- (n.) An inanimate object, in distinction from a living being; any lifeless material.
- (n.) A transaction or occurrence; an event; a deed.
- (n.) A portion or part; something.
- (n.) A diminutive or slighted object; any object viewed as merely existing; -- often used in pity or contempt.
- (n.) Clothes; furniture; appurtenances; luggage; as, to pack or store one's things.
- (n.) Whatever may be possessed or owned; a property; -- distinguished from person.
- (n.) In Scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: NIGHT
- (n.) That part of the natural day when the sun is beneath the horizon, or the time from sunset to sunrise; esp., the time between dusk and dawn, when there is no light of the sun, but only moonlight, starlight, or artificial light.
- (n.) Darkness; obscurity; concealment.
- (n.) Intellectual and moral darkness; ignorance.
- (n.) A state of affliction; adversity; as, a dreary night of sorrow.
- (n.) The period after the close of life; death.
- (n.) A lifeless or unenlivened period, as when nature seems to sleep.