- (v. t.) To cut into very small pieces; to chop fine; to hash; as, to mince meat.
- (v. t.) To suppress or weaken the force of; to extenuate; to palliate; to tell by degrees, instead of directly and frankly; to clip, as words or expressions; to utter half and keep back half of.
- (v. t.) To affect; to make a parade of.
- (v. i.) To walk with short steps; to walk in a prim, affected manner.
- (v. i.) To act or talk with affected nicety; to affect delicacy in manner.
- (n.) A short, precise step; an affected manner.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.