- (a.) Belonging to substance; actually existing; real; as, substantial life.
- (a.) Not seeming or imaginary; not illusive; real; solid; true; veritable.
- (a.) Corporeal; material; firm.
- (a.) Having good substance; strong; stout; solid; firm; as, substantial cloth; a substantial fence or wall.
- (a.) Possessed of goods or an estate; moderately wealthy; responsible; as, a substantial freeholder.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.