- Swedish chemist remembered for his invention of dynamite and for the bequest that created the Nobel prizes (1833-1896)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: NOBLE
- (n.) A person of rank above a commoner; a nobleman; a peer.
- (n.) An English money of account, and, formerly, a gold coin, of the value of 6 s. 8 d. sterling, or about $1.61.
- (n.) A European fish; the lyrie.
- (superl.) Possessing eminence, elevation, dignity, etc.; above whatever is low, mean, degrading, or dishonorable; magnanimous; as, a noble nature or action; a noble heart.
- (superl.) Grand; stately; magnificent; splendid; as, a noble edifice.
- (superl.) Of exalted rank; of or pertaining to the nobility; distinguished from the masses by birth, station, or title; highborn; as, noble blood; a noble personage.
- (v. t.) To make noble; to ennoble.