- (n.) The land belonging to a lord or nobleman, or so much land as a lord or great personage kept in his own hands, for the use and subsistence of his family.
- (n.) A tract of land occupied by tenants who pay a free-farm rent to the proprietor, sometimes in kind, and sometimes by performing certain stipulated services.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: NORMA
- (n.) A norm; a principle or rule; a model; a standard.
- (n.) A mason's or a carpenter's square or rule.
- (n.) A templet or gauge.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Rome, or the Roman people; like or characteristic of Rome, the Roman people, or things done by Romans; as, Roman fortitude; a Roman aqueduct; Roman art.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Roman Catholic religion; professing that religion.
- (a.) Upright; erect; -- said of the letters or kind of type ordinarily used, as distinguished from Italic characters.
- (a.) Expressed in letters, not in figures, as I., IV., i., iv., etc.; -- said of numerals, as distinguished from the Arabic numerals, 1, 4, etc.
- (n.) A native, or permanent resident, of Rome; a citizen of Rome, or one upon whom certain rights and privileges of a Roman citizen were conferred.
- (n.) Roman type, letters, or print, collectively; -- in distinction from Italics.