- A unit of perceived loudness equal to the loudness of a 1000-hertz tone at 40 dB above threshold
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: NOSES
- Search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- The rounded edge of a step or moulding
- A front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft); "the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
- The front or forward projection of a tool or weapon; "he ducked under the nose of the gun"
- A projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- The organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals; "he has a cold in the nose"
- A natural skill; "he has a nose for good deals"
- The sense of smell (especially in animals); "the hound has a good nose"
- A symbol of inquisitiveness; "keep your nose out of it"
- A small distance; "my horse lost the race by a nose"
- Defeat by a narrow margin
- Rub noses
- Push or move with the nose
- Advance the forward part of with caution; "She nos