- (n.) A state of holding on in a continuous course; manner of continuity; constant mode; general tendency; course; career.
- (n.) That course of thought which holds on through a discourse; the general drift or course of thought; purport; intent; meaning; understanding.
- (n.) Stamp; character; nature.
- (n.) An exact copy of a writing, set forth in the words and figures of it. It differs from purport, which is only the substance or general import of the instrument.
- (n.) The higher of the two kinds of voices usually belonging to adult males; hence, the part in the harmony adapted to this voice; the second of the four parts in the scale of sounds, reckoning from the base, and originally the air, to which the other parts were auxillary.
- (n.) A person who sings the tenor, or the instrument that play it.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: NOTER
- (n.) One who takes notice.
- (n.) An annotator.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A lotion for cleansing the skin and contracting the pores
- A black or colored powder used in a printer to develop a xerographic image
- A solution containing chemicals that can change the color of a photographic print
- (n.) A throne.
- (n.) A small drain.
- (n.) Alt. of Trones