- (v. t.) To grant; to acknowledge; to admit to be true; to confess; to recognize in a particular character; as, we own that we have forfeited your love.
- (a.) Belonging to; belonging exclusively or especially to; peculiar; -- most frequently following a possessive pronoun, as my, our, thy, your, his, her, its, their, in order to emphasize or intensify the idea of property, peculiar interest, or exclusive ownership; as, my own father; my own composition; my own idea; at my own price.
- (a.) To hold as property; to have a legal or rightful title to; to be the proprietor or possessor of; to possess; as, to own a house.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: NOW
- (a.) Existing at the present time; present.
- (adv.) At the present time; at this moment; at the time of speaking; instantly; as, I will write now.
- (adv.) Very lately; not long ago.
- (adv.) At a time contemporaneous with something spoken of or contemplated; at a particular time referred to.
- (adv.) In present circumstances; things being as they are; -- hence, used as a connective particle, to introduce an inference or an explanation.
- (n.) The present time or moment; the present.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Win
- Imp. & p. p. of Win.
- (v. i.) To dwell or abide.
- (n.) Dwelling; wone.