Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: OATEN
- (a.) Consisting of an oat straw or stem; as, an oaten pipe.
- (a.) Made of oatmeal; as, oaten cakes.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- at one
- In concord or friendship; in agreement (with each other); as, to be, bring, make, or set, at one, i. e., to be or bring in or to a state of agreement or reconciliation.
- Of the same opinion; agreed; as, on these points we are at one.
- (v. i.) To agree; to be in accordance; to accord.
- (v. i.) To stand as an equivalent; to make reparation, compensation, or amends, for an offense or a crime.
- (v. t.) To set at one; to reduce to concord; to reconcile, as parties at variance; to appease.
- (v. t.) To unite in making.
- (v. t.) To make satisfaction for; to expiate.