- (n.) A genus of iridaceous plants, with pretty blossoms rising separately from the bulb or corm. C. vernus is one of the earliest of spring-blooming flowers; C. sativus produces the saffron, and blossoms in the autumn.
- (n.) A deep yellow powder; the oxide of some metal calcined to a red or deep yellow color; esp., the oxide of iron (Crocus of Mars or colcothar) thus produced from salts of iron, and used as a polishing powder.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: OCCURS
- Come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place without incident"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- Come to one's mind; suggest itself; "It occurred to me that we should hire another secretary"; "A great idea then came to her"
- To be found to exist; "sexism occurs in many workplaces"; "precious stones occur in a large area in Brazil"
- (v. t.) To run to, or run to support; hence, to help or relieve when in difficulty, want, or distress; to assist and deliver from suffering; to relieve; as, to succor a besieged city.
- (v. t.) Aid; help; assistance; esp., assistance that relieves and delivers from difficulty, want, or distress.
- (v. t.) The person or thing that brings relief.