- (v. i.) To make a continuous hollow moan, as cattle do when in pain.
- (v. i.) To hum or sing in a low tone; to murmur softly.
- (v. t.) To sing in a low tone, as if to one's self; to hum.
- (v. t.) To soothe by singing softly.
- (n.) A low, continued moan; a murmur.
- (n.) A low singing; a plain, artless melody.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Croaker, n., 2. (a).