- (v. t.) To cut off, as wool from sheep's tails; to lop or clip off.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ODD
- (superl.) Not paired with another, or remaining over after a pairing; without a mate; unmatched; single; as, an odd shoe; an odd glove.
- (superl.) Not divisible by 2 without a remainder; not capable of being evenly paired, one unit with another; as, 1, 3, 7, 9, 11, etc., are odd numbers.
- (superl.) Left over after a definite round number has been taken or mentioned; indefinitely, but not greatly, exceeding a specified number; extra.
- (superl.) Remaining over; unconnected; detached; fragmentary; hence, occasional; inconsiderable; as, odd jobs; odd minutes; odd trifles.
- (superl.) Different from what is usual or common; unusual; singular; peculiar; unique; strange.