- (n.) Honor; grace; favor; mercy; clemency; happy augry.
- (n.) The native form of a metal, whether free and uncombined, as gold, copper, etc., or combined, as iron, lead, etc. Usually the ores contain the metals combined with oxygen, sulphur, arsenic, etc. (called mineralizers).
- (n.) A native metal or its compound with the rock in which it occurs, after it has been picked over to throw out what is worthless.
- (n.) Metal; as, the liquid ore.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: OER
- (prep. & adv.) A contr. of Over.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A roebuck. See Roebuck.
- (n.) The female of any species of deer.
- (n.) The ova or spawn of fishes and amphibians, especially when still inclosed in the ovarian membranes. Sometimes applied, loosely, to the sperm and the testes of the male.
- (n.) A mottled appearance of light and shade in wood, especially in mahogany.