Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: OILS
- Oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
- Any of a group of liquid edible fats that are obtained from plants
- A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- A dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons
- Administer an oil or ointment to ; often in a religious ceremony of blessing
- Cover with oil, as if by rubbing; "oil the wooden surface"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A pit or vat for packing away green fodder for winter use so as to exclude air and outside moisture. See Ensilage.
- (v. t.) To feed, as cattle or horses, in the barn or an inclosure, with fresh grass or green food cut for them, instead of sending them out to pasture; hence (such food having the effect of purging them), to purge by feeding on green food; as, to soil a horse.
- (n.) The upper stratum of the earth; the mold, or that compound substance which furnishes nutriment to plants, or which is particularly adapted to support and nourish them.
- (n.) Land; country.
- (n.) Dung; faeces; compost; manure; as, night soil.
- (v. t.) To enrich with soil or muck; to manure.
- (n.) A marshy or miry place to which a hunted boar resorts for refuge; hence, a wet place, stream, or tract of water, sought for by other game, as deer.
- (n.) To make dirty or unclean on the surface; to foul; to dirty; to defile; as, to soil a garment with dust.
- (n.) To stain or mar, as with infamy or disgrace; to tarnish; to sully.
- (v. i.) To become soiled; as, light colors soil sooner than dark ones.
- (n.) That which soils or pollutes; a soiled place; spot; stain.
- (n.) pl. of Solo.
- (pl.) of Solo