- (v. t.) To combine or unite.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A weight, the sixteenth part of a pound avoirdupois, and containing 437/ grains.
- (n.) The twelfth part of a troy pound.
- (n.) Fig.: A small portion; a bit.
- (n.) A feline quadruped (Felis irbis, / uncia) resembling the leopard in size, and somewhat in color, but it has longer and thicker fur, which forms a short mane on the back. The ounce is pale yellowish gray, with irregular dark spots on the neck and limbs, and dark rings on the body. It inhabits the lofty mountain ranges of Asia. Called also once.