Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ORB
- (n.) A blank window or panel.
- (n.) A spherical body; a globe; especially, one of the celestial spheres; a sun, planet, or star.
- (n.) One of the azure transparent spheres conceived by the ancients to be inclosed one within another, and to carry the heavenly bodies in their revolutions.
- (n.) A circle; esp., a circle, or nearly circular orbit, described by the revolution of a heavenly body; an orbit.
- (n.) A period of time marked off by the revolution of a heavenly body.
- (n.) The eye, as luminous and spherical.
- (n.) A revolving circular body; a wheel.
- (n.) A sphere of action.
- (n.) Same as Mound, a ball or globe. See lst Mound.
- (n.) A body of soldiers drawn up in a circle, as for defense, esp. infantry to repel cavalry.
- (v. i.) To become round like an orb.
- (v. t.) To form into an orb or circle.
- (v. t.) To encircle; to surround; to inclose.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The inspissated juice of ripe fruit, obtained by evaporation of the juice over a fire till it acquires the consistence of a sirup. It is sometimes mixed with honey or sugar.
- (v. t.) To take (something) away from by force; to strip by stealing; to plunder; to pillage; to steal from.
- (v. t.) To take the property of (any one) from his person, or in his presence, feloniously, and against his will, by violence or by putting him in fear.
- (v. t.) To deprive of, or withhold from, unjustly or injuriously; to defraud; as, to rob one of his rest, or of his good name; a tree robs the plants near it of sunlight.
- (v. i.) To take that which belongs to another, without right or permission, esp. by violence.