Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ORGUE
- (n.) Any one of a number of long, thick pieces of timber, pointed and shod with iron, and suspended, each by a separate rope, over a gateway, to be let down in case of attack.
- (n.) A piece of ordnance, consisting of a number of musket barrels arranged so that a match or train may connect with all their touchholes, and a discharge be secured almost or quite simultaneously.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A vagrant; an idle, sturdy beggar; a vagabond; a tramp.
- (n.) A deliberately dishonest person; a knave; a cheat.
- (n.) One who is pleasantly mischievous or frolicsome; hence, often used as a term of endearment.
- (n.) An elephant that has separated from a herd and roams about alone, in which state it is very savage.
- (n.) A worthless plant occuring among seedlings of some choice variety.
- (v. i.) To wander; to play the vagabond; to play knavish tricks.
- (v. t.) To give the name or designation of rogue to; to decry.
- (v. t.) To destroy (plants that do not come up to a required standard).
- (a.) red.
- (n.) A red amorphous powder consisting of ferric oxide. It is used in polishing glass, metal, or gems, and as a cosmetic, etc. Called also crocus, jeweler's rouge, etc.
- (n.) A cosmetic used for giving a red color to the cheeks or lips. The best is prepared from the dried flowers of the safflower, but it is often made from carmine.
- (v. i.) To paint the face or cheeks with rouge.
- (v. t.) To tint with rouge; as, to rouge the face or the cheeks.