- (v. t.) To store up; to inclose; to contain.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ORIENTS
- The countries of Asia
- Adjust to a specific need or market; "a magazine oriented towards young people"; "tailor your needs to your surroundings"
- Familiarize (someone) with new surroundings or circumstances; "The dean of students tries to orient the freshmen"
- Determine one's position with reference to another point; "We had to orient ourselves in the forest"
- Cause to point; "Orient the house towards the West"
- Be oriented; "The weather vane points North"; "the dancers toes pointed outward"
- The hemisphere that includes Eurasia and Africa and Australia
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) See Nitrous.
- Hard as granite; "a granitic fist"
- Showing unfeeling resistance to tender feelings; "his flinty gaze"; "the child's misery would move even the most obdurate heart"
- Abounding in rocks or stones; "rocky fields"; "stony ground"; "bouldery beaches"