- An implement used to propel or steer a boat
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: OSAR
- (n. pl.) See 3d Os.
- (pl.) of Os
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses
- (v. i.) To fly aloft, as a bird; to mount upward on wings, or as on wings.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To rise in thought, spirits, or imagination; to be exalted in mood.
- (n.) The act of soaring; upward flight.
- (a.) See 3d Sore.
- (a.) See Sore, reddish brown.
- (n.) A North American rail (Porzana Carolina) common in the Eastern United States. Its back is golden brown, varied with black and white, the front of the head and throat black, the breast and sides of the head and neck slate-colored. Called also American rail, Carolina rail, Carolina crake, common rail, sora rail, soree, meadow chicken, and orto.