- (n.) A yielding to physical force.
- (n.) Concession; compliance.
- (n.) A yielding, or surrender, as of property or rights, to another person; the act of ceding.
- (n.) The giving up or vacating a benefice by accepting another without a proper dispensation.
- (n.) The voluntary surrender of a person's effects to his creditors to avoid imprisonment.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: OSCINES
- (n. pl.) Singing birds; a group of the Passeres, having numerous syringeal muscles, conferring musical ability.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle