- The position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit; "he has played every position except pitcher"; "they have a southpaw on the mound"
- Form into a rounded elevation; "mound earth"
- Structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones; "they built small mounds to hide behind"
- (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
- A collection of objects laid on top of each other
- A small natural hill
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: OSMUND
- (n.) A fern of the genus Osmunda, or flowering fern. The most remarkable species is the osmund royal, or royal fern (Osmunda regalis), which grows in wet or boggy places, and has large bipinnate fronds, often with a panicle of capsules at the top. The rootstock contains much starch, and has been used in stiffening linen.