- (a.) Of or pertaining to the island Scio (Chio or Chios).
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Scio.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: OSTIC
- (a.) Pertaining to, or applied to, the language of the Tuscaroras, Iroquois, Wyandots, Winnebagoes, and a part of the Sioux Indians.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A disciple of the philosopher Zeno; one of a Greek sect which held that men should be free from passion, unmoved by joy or grief, and should submit without complaint to unavoidable necessity, by which all things are governed.
- (n.) Hence, a person not easily excited; an apathetic person; one who is apparently or professedly indifferent to pleasure or pain.
- (n.) Alt. of Stoical