- (n.) A Turret.
- (n.) A ring for fastening a hawk's leash to the jesses; also, a ring affixed to the collar of a dog, etc.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: OTTER
- (n.) Any carnivorous animal of the genus Lutra, and related genera. Several species are described. They have large, flattish heads, short ears, and webbed toes. They are aquatic, and feed on fish. Their fur is soft and valuable. The common otter of Europe is Lutra vulgaris; the American otter is L. Canadensis; other species inhabit South America and Asia.
- (n.) The larva of the ghost moth. It is very injurious to hop vines.
- (n.) A corruption of Annotto.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Rich cake usually covered with cream and fruit or nuts; originated in Austria
- (n.) The stone roller. See Stone roller (a), under Stone.