- Cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
- Slacken; "douse a rope"
- Lower quickly; "douse a sail"
- Immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
- Dip into a liquid; "He dipped into the pool"
- Wet thoroughly
- Put out, as of a candle or a light; "Douse the lights"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Souse