- Made from sap of the Australasian nipa palm
- Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PAIN
- (n.) Punishment suffered or denounced; suffering or evil inflicted as a punishment for crime, or connected with the commission of a crime; penalty.
- (n.) Any uneasy sensation in animal bodies, from slight uneasiness to extreme distress or torture, proceeding from a derangement of functions, disease, or injury by violence; bodily distress; bodily suffering; an ache; a smart.
- (n.) Specifically, the throes or travail of childbirth.
- (n.) Uneasiness of mind; mental distress; disquietude; anxiety; grief; solicitude; anguish.
- (n.) See Pains, labor, effort.
- (n.) To inflict suffering upon as a penalty; to punish.
- (n.) To put to bodily uneasiness or anguish; to afflict with uneasy sensations of any degree of intensity; to torment; to torture; as, his dinner or his wound pained him; his stomach pained him.
- (n.) To render uneasy in mind; to disquiet; to distress; to grieve; as a child's faults pain his parents.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The yaws. See Yaws.