- (n.) A plant common in Europe (Paris quadrifolia); herb Paris; truelove. It has been used as a narcotic.
- (n.) The chief city of France.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PAIRS
- Occur in pairs
- Two people considered as a unit
- Form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
- A set of two similar things considered as a unit
- Two items of the same kind
- A Couple
- Bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- Engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
- A poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
- Arrange in pairs; "Pair these numbers"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A member of a monotheistic sect of Zoroastrian origin; descended from the Persians; now found in western India
- Anthropologist and linguist; studied languages of North American Indians (1884-1939)