- Of Leap
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: PALET
- (n.) Same as Palea.
- (n.) A perpendicular band upon an escutcheon, one half the breadth of the pale.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- An elementary particle that participates in weak interactions; has a baryon number of 0
- 100 lepta equal 1 drachma in Greece
- (n.) A small shield, especially one of an approximately elliptic form, or crescent-shaped.
- (n.) A flat apothecium having no rim.
- (n.) One of the leaves of the corolla, or the colored leaves of a flower. See Corolla, and Illust. of Flower.
- (n.) One of the expanded ambulacra which form a rosette on the black of certain Echini.
- (n.) A flat, or nearly flat, piece of metal, the thickness of which is small in comparison with the other dimensions; a thick sheet of metal; as, a steel plate.
- (n.) Metallic armor composed of broad pieces.
- (n.) Domestic vessels and utensils, as flagons, dishes, cups, etc., wrought in gold or silver.
- (n.) Metallic ware which is plated, in distinction from that which is genuine silver or gold.
- (n.) A small, shallow, and usually circular, vessel of metal or wood, or of earth glazed and baked, from which food is eaten at table.
- (n.) A piece of money, usually silver money.
- (n.) A piece of metal on which anything is engraved for the purpose of being printed; hence, an impression from the engraved metal; as, a book illustrated with plates; a fashion plate.
- (n.) A page of stereotype, electrotype, or the like, for printing from; as, publisher's plates.
- (n.) That part of an artificial set of teeth which fits to the mouth, and holds the teeth in place. It may be of gold, platinum, silver, rubber, celluloid, etc.
- (n.) A horizontal timber laid upon a wall, or upon corbels projecting from a wall, and supporting the ends of other timbers; also used specifically of the roof plate which supports the ends of the roof trusses or, in simple work, the feet of the rafters.
- (n.) A roundel of silver or tinctured argent.
- (n.) A sheet of glass, porcelain, metal, etc., with a coating that is sensitive to light.
- (n.) A prize giving to the winner in a contest.
- (v. t.) To cover or overlay with gold, silver, or other metals, either by a mechanical process, as hammering, or by a chemical process, as electrotyping.
- (v. t.) To cover or overlay with plates of metal; to arm with metal for defense.
- (v. t.) To adorn with plated metal; as, a plated harness.
- (v. t.) To beat into thin, flat pieces, or laminae.
- (v. t.) To calender; as, to plate paper.
- (n. & v. t.) See Plait.
- (n.) A division of a perianth.