- Any high mountain
- A large mountain system in south-central Europe; scenic beauty and winter sports make them a popular tourist attraction
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PALS
- A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
- Become friends; act friendly towards
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Wash or flow against; "the waves laved the shore"
- Take up with the tongue; "The cat lapped up the milk"; "the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast"
- Pass the tongue over; "the dog licked her hand"
- Move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The curtain swooshed open"
- Lie partly over or alongside of something or of one another
- Touching with the tongue; "the dog's laps were warm and wet"
- Movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
- A flap that lies over another part; "the lap of the shingles should be at least ten inches"
- The part of a piece of clothing that covers the thighs; "his lap was covered with food stains"
- The upper side of the thighs of a seated person; "he picked up the little girl and plopped her down in his lap"
- An area of control or responsibility; "the job fell right in my lap"
- (n.) Any species of Salpa, or of the family Salpidae.
- (n.) A blow, esp. one given with the open hand, or with something broad.
- (v. t.) To strike with the open hand, or with something broad.
- (n.) With a sudden and violent blow; hence, quickly; instantly; directly.