Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PALTER
- (v. i.) To haggle.
- (v. i.) To act in insincere or deceitful manner; to play false; to equivocate; to shift; to dodge; to trifle.
- (v. i.) To babble; to chatter.
- (v. t.) To trifle with; to waste; to squander in paltry ways or on worthless things.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) One who plates or coats articles with gold or silver; as, a silver plater.
- (n.) A machine for calendering paper.