- The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PARTS
- The local environment; "he hasn't been seen around these parts in years"
- The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group; "the function of a teacher"; "the government must do its part"; "play its role"
- The part played by a person in bringing about a result;
- Something less than the whole of a human artifact; "the rear part of the house"; "glue the two parts together"
- A line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions; "his part was right in the middle"
- That which concerns a person with regard to a particular role or situation; "it requires vigilance on our part"; "they resisted every effort on his part"
- One of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole; "the written part of the exam"; "the finance section of the company"; "the BBC's engineering division"
- An actor's portrayal of someone in a play
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A small European herring (Clupea sprattus) closely allied to the common herring and the pilchard; -- called also garvie. The name is also applied to small herring of different kinds.
- (n.) A California surf-fish (Rhacochilus toxotes); -- called also alfione, and perch.
- (n.) A long, narrow, pliable strip of leather, cloth, or the like; specifically, a strip of thick leather used in flogging.
- (n.) Something made of such a strip, or of a part of one, or a combination of two or more for a particular use; as, a boot strap, shawl strap, stirrup strap.
- (n.) A piece of leather, or strip of wood covered with a suitable material, for sharpening a razor; a strop.
- (n.) A narrow strip of anything, as of iron or brass.
- (n.) A band, plate, or loop of metal for clasping and holding timbers or parts of a machine.
- (n.) A piece of rope or metal passing around a block and used for fastening it to anything.
- (n.) The flat part of the corolla in ligulate florets, as those of the white circle in the daisy.
- (n.) The leaf, exclusive of its sheath, in some grasses.
- (n.) A shoulder strap. See under Shoulder.
- (v. t.) To beat or chastise with a strap.
- (v. t.) To fasten or bind with a strap.
- (v. t.) To sharpen by rubbing on a strap, or strop; as, to strap a razor.
- Waterproofed canvas
- (n. pl.) Small or portable articles for dress, furniture, or use; goods; luggage; things.