- (n.) Same as Aspen.
- (n.) A small, hooded, poisonous serpent of Egypt and adjacent countries, whose bite is often fatal. It is the Naja haje. The name is also applied to other poisonous serpents, esp. to Vipera aspis of southern Europe. See Haje.
- (n.) One of several species of poplar bearing this name, especially the Populus tremula, so called from the trembling of its leaves, which move with the slightest impulse of the air.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PAS
- (n.) A pace; a step, as in a dance.
- (n.) Right of going foremost; precedence.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The juice of plants of any kind, especially the ascending and descending juices or circulating fluid essential to nutrition.
- (n.) The sapwood, or alburnum, of a tree.
- (n.) A simpleton; a saphead; a milksop.
- (v. t.) To subvert by digging or wearing away; to mine; to undermine; to destroy the foundation of.
- (v. t.) To pierce with saps.
- (v. t.) To make unstable or infirm; to unsettle; to weaken.
- (v. i.) To proceed by mining, or by secretly undermining; to execute saps.
- (n.) A narrow ditch or trench made from the foremost parallel toward the glacis or covert way of a besieged place by digging under cover of gabions, etc.
- (n.) A spring or mineral water; -- so called from a place of this name in Belgium.