- (n.) Food; nourishment.
- (n.) Specifically: Grass growing for the food of cattle; the food of cattle taken by grazing.
- (n.) Grass land for cattle, horses, etc.; pasturage.
- (v. t.) To feed, esp. to feed on growing grass; to supply grass as food for; as, the farmer pastures fifty oxen; the land will pasture forty cows.
- (v. i.) To feed on growing grass; to graze.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PASTEUR
- French chemist and biologist whose discovery that fermentation is caused by microorganisms resulted in the process of pasteurization (1822-1895)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) To stare or stand upward; hence, to be uplifted or conspicuous.