- Clap one's hands together; "The children were clapping to the music"
- Spawn; "oysters spat"
- Engage in a brief and petty quarrel
- Clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
- Strike with a sound like that of falling rain; "Bullets were spatting the leaves"
- Become permanently attached; "mollusks or oysters spat"
- A young oyster or other bivalve
- Come down like raindrops; "Bullets were spatting down on us"
- A cloth covering (a legging) that covers the instep and ankles
- A quarrel about petty points
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: PASTS
- A verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
- The time that has elapsed; "forget the past"
- A earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret); "reporters dug into the candidate's past"