- (v. t.) To produce or deposit (eggs), as fishes or frogs do.
- (v. t.) To bring forth; to generate; -- used in contempt.
- (v. i.) To deposit eggs, as fish or frogs do.
- (v. i.) To issue, as offspring; -- used contemptuously.
- (v. t.) The ova, or eggs, of fishes, oysters, and other aquatic animals.
- (v. t.) Any product or offspring; -- used contemptuously.
- (v. t.) The buds or branches produced from underground stems.
- (v. t.) The white fibrous matter forming the matrix from which fungi.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: PAWNS
- Leave as a guarantee in return for money; "pawn your grandfather's gold watch"
- Borrowing and leaving an article as security for repayment of the loan
- (chess) the least powerful piece; moves only forward and captures only to the side; it can be promoted to a more powerful piece if it reaches the 8th rank
- A person used by another to gain an end
- An article deposited as security