- Come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- A long cloak; worn by a priest or bishop on ceremonial occasions
- Brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall
- Deal with difficult problems
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: PECOS
- A tributary of the Rio Grande that flows southeastward from New Mexico through western Texas
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A wood of small growth; a thicket of brushwood. See Coppice.
- (v. t.) To trim or cut; -- said of small trees, brushwood, tufts of grass, etc.
- (v. t.) To plant and preserve, as a copse.
- (n.) That at which one aims; the thing or end to which the mind directs its view; that which is purposed to be reached or accomplished; hence, ultimate design, aim, or purpose; intention; drift; object.
- (n.) Room or opportunity for free outlook or aim; space for action; amplitude of opportunity; free course or vent; liberty; range of view, intent, or action.
- (n.) Extended area.
- (n.) Length; extent; sweep; as, scope of cable.
- (v. t.) To look at for the purpose of evaluation; usually with out; as, to scope out the area as a camping site.