- Having frequencies above those of audible sound
- (of speed) greater than the speed of sound in a given medium (especially air); "a supersonic bomber flies so fast that it must release its bombs while the target is still over the horizon"
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions of: PERCUSSION
- (n.) The act of percussing, or striking one body against another; forcible collision, esp. such as gives a sound or report.
- (n.) Hence: The effect of violent collision; vibratory shock; impression of sound on the ear.
- (n.) The act of tapping or striking the surface of the body in order to learn the condition of the parts beneath by the sound emitted or the sensation imparted to the fingers. Percussion is said to be immediate if the blow is directly upon the body; if some interventing substance, as a pleximeter, is, used, it is called mediate.