- (n.) The Ottoman court; the government of the Turkish empire, officially called the Sublime Porte, from the gate (port) of the sultan's palace at which justice was administered.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: PEROT
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Gentle heat; moderate warmth; tepidness.
- (n.) One who topes, or drinks frequently or to excess; a drunkard; a sot.
- (n.) The use of a word or expression in a different sense from that which properly belongs to it; the use of a word or expression as changed from the original signification to another, for the sake of giving life or emphasis to an idea; a figure of speech.
- (n.) The word or expression so used.